Catalytic meetings are those meetings that result in solutions identification, development or implementation victories for the organization. Catalytic meetings, unlike some other meetings, are not a wasteful use of organizational resources.
Want to have catalytic meetings? The following ingredients create the best opportunity for a catalytic meeting:
- Participants know beforehand what items they will be expected to discuss
- Participants know their roles on each agenda item as either an Influencer or the Decision Maker.
- Participants know that they are expected to contribute
- Participants are given an opportunity to contribute
- Participants do not leave the meeting without establishing “who does what for whom by when”
What other ingredients do you think create the best opportunity for a Catalytic meeting? Share your ideas with me on Twitter