Your successes in your position should last beyond your tenure. Here are some practical ways to invest in someone on your leadership team to develop them for succession:
- Model integrity and character
- Ask them about their challenges and aspirations and then give support
- Encourage them regularly
- Give them honest feedback with an immediate suggestion for improvement when necessary
- Share the “why” behind your decision-making
- Designate a 15-30 minute meeting time each week to build your relationship
What are the ways you invest in others?